12.28.2009

Week 2: C & O Canal

I love vacation. I'm spending the rest of mine in Maryland. Besides being FREEZING here (I'm a weather wimp now and not afraid to admit it) it's awesome. And soooo pretty.

Will suggested we go to the C & O canal down the road from him this week - it has a nice little walkway and bridge. I was under the impression there were actually sidewalks here but Will's mom stopped me on the way out and told me that my outfit was completely inappropriate for hiking (??) so she outfitted me in these awesome boots. They came in pretty handy actually, the canal was muddy and pretty gross and would have destroyed my suede boots. I would not have been pleased.

The scenery was nice though - lots of trees and some leftover snow from the huge storm that happened last week. I got a chance to play with some different photo sizes, including the panoramic setting & Kodi (Will's dog) came too. Unfortunately, we went late in the afternoon and it got dark (& colder) really quickly, but I think before then I got a few pretty good shots.





View more pics on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment