1.17.2010

Week 5: If you're going to Saaan Frannnciscooo

When I started thinking about this project and listing down all the places I wanted to go, I had about 4 weeks reserved for San Francisco. After today, I think I might need to up that to 8 or 9. There is just way too much to see.

I went up with my friend, Lauren, who is an AMAZING photographer (I've been trying to convince her to get a blog to showcase her photos and I know she'll give in soon so stay tuned). We talked about of lot of places we wanted to go on the way up but decided to start at the Alamo Square.

Alamo Square is home to the famous "painted ladies" - the Victorian houses from Full House and Mrs. Doubtfire. The view is amazing, behind the houses you can see the SF skyline, no wonder this place is so famous. And there are some awesome blue trees there, reminiscent of the Summer of Love (false).

Next, Lauren and I went to the Marina area and on the way drove down what was literally the scariest hill I have ever driven down (Divisadero St.) - terrified / glad I wasn't walking. Anyway, the second we got there it started POURING. I found shelter in a phone booth (does anyone use those anymore?). Soaked, we decided to go somewhere else...

We decided on the Palace of Fine Arts since it was pretty close by. They have these really cool structures there we'd be able to take cover under in case of another downpour. There is also a lake which is home to some fearless birds.


Afterward, the sun came out again and I wanted to go back to the Marina. We went and I'm pretty glad we did. I got a couple shots of the Golden Gate and a nice lady let us onto the docks. Definitely my favorite shots of the entire outing.





... Lots more on Flickr

1 comment:

  1. Did you take all of these? These are my favorite photos of your trips so far! San Francisco is my favorite city I think, I'd love to do some shoots there one day.

    ReplyDelete